Saturday, June 19, 2010

father s day quotes

Fathers Day quotes

Father’s Day is a day honoring fathers and celebrating fatherhood  and the influence of fathers in our society.
Father’s Day is celebrated on the 3rd Sunday of June in United States and another 54 of the world’s countries and on other days elsewhere.



Father’s Day complements Mother’s Day, the celebration honoring mothers and motherhood.
Below are a few Fathers Day quotes to honor our fathers. Happy Father`s Day!
Any fool can be a Father, but it takes a real man to be a Daddy!!
Philip Whitmore Snr

Fathers, be good to your daughters. You are the god and the weight of her world.
John Mayor
My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.
Jim Valvano
I’ve had a hard life, but my hardships are nothing against the hardships that my father went through in order to get me to where I started.
Bartrand Hubbard
He didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.
Clarence Budington Kelland
My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say,
“You’re tearing up the grass.” “We’re not raising grass,” Dad would reply. “We’re raising
Harmon Killebrew

One father is more than a hundred Schoolmasters.
George Herbert, Outlandish Proverbs, 1640
Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope.
Fathers Day Quote by: Bill Cosby
Henry James once defined life as that predicament which precedes death, and certainly nobody owes you a debt of honor or gratitude for getting him into that predicament. But a child does owe his father a debt, if Dad, having gotten him into this peck of trouble, takes off his coat and buckles down to the job of showing his son how best to crash through it.
Clarence Budington Kelland
A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again.
Enid Bagnold

It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons.
Johann Schiller
Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father!
Lydia M. Child, Philothea: A Romance, 1836
When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years.
Mark Twain, “Old Times on the Mississippi” Atlantic Monthly, 1874
Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes

No comments:

Post a Comment